GCFI Membership Page
The Gulf and Caribbean Fisheries Institute reinstated its annual membership dues in 2013. Your membership extends between sequential GCFI annual Institutes (November 1 – October 31). Registration for the GCFI conference also includes an annual membership. Therefore, if you registered and paid for registration for the GCFI conference, you will automatically also be added as a member your membership will be good until the beginning of the following conference.
If you are unable to attend the GCFI meeting, you may now pay your dues online and your membership will be in effect from time of payment until the beginning of the next Institute.
To check the status of your GCFI membership, please log in here (you will be redirected to the login page and can view your status in the MyPortal webpage. ). If you do not have an account, you can create one here or go directly to the membership form.
As a GCFI member you will receive a Membership Card and the Proceedings of the Gulf and Caribbean Fisheries Institute published during the year of your membership in a searchable CD format. A certificate of your annual membership also is available upon request. In addition… YOUR GCFI MEMBERSHIP SUPPORTS
- The programs of GCFI including CaMPAM, the Fishers for Fishers Initiative (F4F),the Education Initiative, GCFI's marine debris activities
- Production of the Program, Book of Abstracts, and simultaneous language interpretation at the annual Institutes
- Proceedings of the Gulf and Caribbean Fisheries Institute (CD, and other electronic format)
- Allowing unrestricted access to the GCFI Proceedings archives
- GCFI-sponsored special projects and programs
- Recognition and networking among peers in the marine science community at annual Institutes
- Active information exchange through GCFI e-mail lists and website
- Planning, development, and implementation of special topic workshops (Fishers Summit, CaMPAM)
Annual Regular Membership dues are $50; Student Membership dues are $35.
Corporate memberships are also available. Please contact
We look forward to your continuing support of the Gulf and Caribbean Fisheries Institute as an active participant at the annual Institutes and through your membership. If you have any questions regarding membership or other GCFI activities, feel free to contact